Most of us know that we need to bring a first aid kit into the outdoors to work and play, but how many of us really know how to use it or know if we are carrying the right supplies in the first place? Wilderness First Aid and CPR are an important set of skills that every outdoor enthusiast should have. WRV is proud to partner with instructor Phil Rowe to host this training opportunity in Broomfield.
Learn how to asses emergencies and patient incidents in a calm and systematic way so that you can not only treat, but avoid life-threatening emergencies in the backcountry. This class will cover basic first aid and specific techniques essential to know in wilderness settings in a mixture of lecture and hands-on activities. Students will practice during a series of scenarios designed to cover the most common real-life situations.
Please contact Rachel@wlrv.org or 303.543.1411 x109 with any questions about this event:
- Instructor is Phil Rowe - certified Advanced EMT/Wilderness EMT and a WRV volunteer!
- Certification is through the Emergency Care and Safety Institute (ECSI) and is valid for 2 years
- WFA Training will be from 8-5, Saturday and Sunday with an hour break for lunch each day. Attendance for the entire weekend is required for certification.
- CPR is OPTIONAL from 5:30-8pm on Saturday evening, please note in your registration if you would like to participate in the CPR portion or not.
- Fee of $130 ($100 for members and WRV leaders) includes all instructional course books, supplies and certification through ECSI. For those not participating in CPR, $10 will be removed from your fees. All students will be invoiced prior to the event.
BIG thanks to Jax for hosting this event!
PLEASE NOTE: Wilderness is considered any location more than an hour away from definitive care (meaning a hospital or medical clinic.) This certification does NOT qualify you to be a medic on WRV projects, but does train you to care for yourself and your companions in wilderness settings. Only certified WFR's can serve as a medic at volunteer events and projects.
If a minimum class size is not reached, all participants will be refunded full program fees. Thank you.
DISCOUNTS and CANCELLATION POLICY